You are looking for a transversal impact on the Doctolib engineering team, on technical and organization scope: improving how we code, and how we do it, from development to production. You are enjoying testing and CI/CD problematics. Join us!
Example of our current challenges:
- Find ways to reduce the start time of a Rails test below 10 seconds.
- Build and implement a workflow to reduce the flakiness of 12k tests.
- Revamp the daily rollout process to make it smoother and less time consuming.
- Work on an innovative CI platform that scales and speed like no other: run 13 hours of automated tests in less than 10 minutes, 250 times a day in a CI pipeline for 70 developers.
The Doctolib Engineering Team deploys code into production every day and builds a user-focused product that helps millions of people. What we are building is hyper-secure, test-driven and pragmatically user-friendly. This is thanks to our tech values:
- User first: both patients and professionals, we always put our users first.
- Ownership: The product must be ours so we can make the right decisions.
- Keep the stack simple: be pragmatic, no tech for the sake of tech.
- Learn & Grow: everything goes fast, but we help you to grow and learn with us.
- Security and Reliability: we take this seriously and embrace privacy by design.
The Engineering Efficiency (EE) team want to improves the productivity of the engineering team, by providing the best engineering environment, from dev to production. This dedicated team focuses on tools and cross-team issues. We are hiring a Senior Backend Developer. Main responsibilities are:
- Maintaining and improving the Doctolib testing stack: test framework, practices, CI.
- Collaborating on coding rules definition in the Doctolib engineering team mentoring of other team members
- Designing, improving and implementing processes and tools to boost the global engineering efficiency (example: duty role, rollout process, on demand staging...)
- Curiosity / autonomy: we are using multiple tools and technologies, and the list is moving fast. You need to learn quickly, and enjoy discovering new stuff every day.
- Basic Devops skills (experience on a cloud platform would be appreciated (Heroku, AWS or GCP)).
- Current tools we are using everyday: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Minitest, Capybara, Kubernetes